Saturday, July 31, 2010

Got my nails done!

I'm in love with gel nails. If you haven't tried them before, you should because I am ADDICTED. If you don't know what they are, the nail artist paints the gel on just like nail polish only it has to be cured under a UV lamp for 2 minutes between layers so it takes about 2 hrs for a manicure instead of 1. But, when you're finished, you have the most perfect manicure of your life and it lasts 3 weeks before you have to get the cuticles filled. 3 weeks after that you get them soaked off/filed down and start again!

I don't have a photo of my nails, but my inspiration was this photo:


She did a great job, mine look *exactly* like that and I love it! The best part is that once you leave the salon your nails are 100% dry so you can't dent the polish (cause it's not polish) and they also make your nails SO strong. If you have trouble growing your nails because they tend to peel or break off, try gel nails! They actually make your nail healthier and they don't have to do any of that grinding down on your nail bed like with acrylic. If you like the french-tip look they can do that for you too and it looks just as good as acrylic without all the damage.

I'm an official convert. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the gel nails! My issue is that I don't have time to go back to the salon where my nail artist is, so since I couldn't make it back to get them filled, I experimented with painting over them with regular OPI nail polish and it works!I will hope to go next weekend. But I had my gel nails done the day you left- June 23 and I have not been able to go back when she is there since then. So I am now on my second time to paint over the nails( I removed the old polish, but the gel won't come off), and they are longer and stronger than they have been in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gel nails too, that's definitely the route I'm going for the wedding! It's so easy and care free!

    I really love that picture, I bet they looked fabulous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment on my entries whether you have an account or not! You can just choose the "Name/URL" option from the drop-down menu, type in your name or email address and get to commenting! :)