Saturday, September 4, 2010

Holy 7 day work week Batman!

I'm exhausted. I've been getting headaches every evening. :( I think I'm overwhelmed.

I realized today that, because our roster runs from Thursday thru Wednesday, I'll be spending 2 weeks of every month working 60-70 hours in a row before getting a day off. So even though my schedule says I have two days off each week:

  1. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
  2. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
The traditional work week says different:

  1. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday,
  2. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
I didn't realize. How CRAZY is that schedule?? 7 days on one week and only 3 the next. How am I supposed to get anything done the second week if I'm only there 3 days? I'm not only freaking out about the 7 days in a row, I'm freaking out that I have SO much to do and will only be in the store 3 days of next week. ARGH. I also pretty much have to be in the store Tuesdays because that's when we intake all of our new stock, and Thursdays are my paper-work day so I have to be there then too.

I've already worked so much o/t this week trying to wrap my head around things that I'm already up to 70 hrs for the week and I still have another 8 hr shift tomorrow before I'm off on Monday. Pray for my strength.

2 comments:

  1. Now you know why I tended to bring work home so I could be at home, but still get the work done. Also, why I have taken off the last week, because I had extra days I would lose if I didn't take off.
    Love you! It will work out, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck!! I couldn't do it. and omwow - I can't believe that 7 days in a row!!! I thought there were rules that 6 days in a row were the max? That's how it was when I worked in AUS. I wonder why their schedule gets to defy normal laws. :(

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment on my entries whether you have an account or not! You can just choose the "Name/URL" option from the drop-down menu, type in your name or email address and get to commenting! :)