Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jet Set!

No sooner have I started really feeling the jetlag than I am hopping on another plane back to brisbane for Elisha's 30th bday bash at Cloudlound in Fortitude Valley. Claim to fame: I can pack a bag for 3 days and 2 nights in 15 minutes. :-D It helps that I really haven't settle back into the house yet so I haven't had time to fling all my things across its four corners yet.

We have a flight out tomorrow morning and will be there for most of tomorrow, all day Saturday, and are back Sunday evening. I have to admit that the last thing I want to do right now is hop on ANOTHER plane, especially since I haven't been able to see much of Chris since I've been back but it can't be helped. I've gotta be there for my Chica Beebs! Mel O'conner is coming too, I'm traveling with her actually and we're sharing a room at the Sebel together. I don't know what the plan is for tomorrow night but I want to budget HARD, because the last thing I need to be doing after last week is spend more money.

Speaking of which, as promised, here are my favorite things I took home with me from Texas:

1: My bday gift from beebs; gold and khaki Coach Hampton signature turnlock tote and matching wristlet wallet/clutch



I can't find a picture of the clutch, but it's checkbook size and has a gold wrist strap so, when I don't want to carry my handbag, I can just pull the clutch out and be good to go!
I LOVE this bag. Because I'm tall and, well, a bit wide ;) I need to carry handbags in proportion to my size. Smaller handbags make me look a lot bigger than I already am, in other words. So I was walking around the Coach outlet and the bags I originally loved online just didn't work with my proportions. I was disappointed initially, but then I found this bag! I don't usually like the signature bags (the ones with the "C" pattern) but something about this bag, maybe because the C's are gold and sparkly, made me fall in love. I love the chunky zipper and the pocket on the front, and all the pockets on the inside really keep things organized. I NEED lots of pockets. :) love.

2. Kara's xmas gift to me, the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 3

It's overwhelming how much I love this eyeshadow pallet! Plus it came with 2 eyeliners AND a shadow primer. This shadows are super pigmented, reflective and many of them are super glittery to boot! I'm going to be so sad when my faves start wearing down.

3: My New York and Company drapey tee



This is the comfiest tshirt. I want it in 15 colors and to never wear anything else for the rest of my life. Only complaint is that it's seriously flimsy fabric. Spanx will be required!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can comment on my entries whether you have an account or not! You can just choose the "Name/URL" option from the drop-down menu, type in your name or email address and get to commenting! :)