Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week's almost over!

This week just flew by! If last week felt like two weeks, this week was only a couple days. I don't know where it went....I can't say I mind it though. I love the weekends. :)

Today was the first Deb rehearsal. There's only 11 couples, so 22 kids in all. The room was actually a lot more full than I expected though, I can only imagine trying to manage 40 kids (a more typical number from balls past.) A girl's partner was out of town this week, so I filled in for him. Free dance lesson! Granted I was learning all the boy's part so it doesn't really count. It was a lot of fun. :) They have adult dance classes after Deb rehearsals from 7-8pm on Thursdays starting in two weeks and I think I'd would really truly enjoy it. Chris said he'll think about it.....:( I hope we can do it. It would be so much fun and a great opp. to meet some new couples. I didn't think I'd remember any of the steps, but I think I've learned that the problem I've had in the past is that I learn vocally rather than visually so if I nick-name all the moves and talk myself through it as I go I can actually hold my own. Cool! All that just from standing in so a little princess didn't feel left out. :) Oh, p.s. everyone thought I was like 17. ha! I think maybe it's because most of the people here my age have a lot of wrinkles already, especially around their eyes, because the UV is so high all the time. I don't really have any wrinkles, not that people notice anyways.....hm.


It poured rain all day so I didn't get a chance to do any of the gardening I wanted to. Ohhh well. Hopefully we'll get enough sun this weekend that I can get my seeds planted at least, even if I can't trim the bushes. I might end up just planting them in the garage and moving them outside from there if it doesn't ease up. If I don't plant them soon they won't have a chance to flower before the nights start getting cold. (may/june)

Just a short entry today. :)

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun time helping with the Deb dance. I know you would love dance classes. Chris is being a guy for not really wanting to go. YOu can convince him, I'm sure. It does sound like a great opprotunity to meet others and it is a fun way to exercise!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun! Chris can't do it because it's at the same time as his Gym session twice a month...but maybe we could just do the classes every other week instead of every week? I have to ask the dance peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do it!!! Dance classes sound like a lot of fun, I've always wanted to take them, whether it would be salsa or ballroom or swing... you know :) Anyways, even if you went every other week, it's still really good exercise and it's going to be a fun date for you guys, not to mention meeting other couples :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment on my entries whether you have an account or not! You can just choose the "Name/URL" option from the drop-down menu, type in your name or email address and get to commenting! :)