Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jobs and stuff!

Hi all!

We had a great long-weekend in Sarina. :) It was our friends Turtle and Ashleigh's birthday party and I got to see a LOT of friends I haven't seen in forever! I loved having a few beers and catching up with all the girls and eating delicious food, it was a really great night.

In other news, we have a new addition to our family.




This is Petra! She is a Princess kitten. :) (Actually she is a tabby/ragdoll mix.) We've been looking for a light colored female Maine-Coon or Ragdoll kitten for a long time, but either the price hasn't been right or they've all been boys or the color was wrong. We saw her at a pet shop in Sarina and took her home straight away! She LOVES cuddles and promises to make an amazing lap-cat which is the perfect balance to Bean who loves to play and won't cuddle very often. Initially, Bean and Petra fought all the time, but after one BIG blow-up, they get along just fine. Petra still likes to attack Bean's tail just for fun and they do run around the house a lot but fights are getting more and more uncommon and, I think once Bean has officially established his dominance, they'll dissipate altogether.

_______________

Some of you may remember my most beautiful and amazing shoes I ordered from Torrid a couple weeks ago, but I'll jog your memory just in case:


The jeans turned out really cute btw! Fair warning if you plan on ordering from their site though that the images are slightly more saturated than what the actual product will be. unique-vintage.com is this way too, but I digress. Shoes. I wear a size 12, and these are a 12W. But BOY they most be double wide or something because they felt a full size too big, maybe more! Super disappointing because the shoes themselves are hands down the cutest shoes I've ever owned. Seriously. Ever. So...I went out and bought 2 4-packs of Dr. Scholl's ball-of-foot cushions and 1 pair of heel cushions. There are now 4, count 'em, FOUR silicon cushions in the toe of each shoe and then the heel cushions in the back. When I push forward, HARD, on the cushions as I put my foot in the shoe they fit perfectly! WOO!! I am going to give them a test run tomorrow to see how safe they are to walk in in public. They might need one more toe cushion before they're perfect. I'm DEF ordering an 11 from these guys next time though! Even though these shoes are super duper comfy with all the cushioning now. ;)

________________________

I applied for a job at the "dentist surgery" (dunno why they call it a surgery!) as a receptionist. It would only be an average of 3 days a week. I like this because it means they'll be more flexible with days off so if Chris and I need to go away on the weekends we can! The only other listing posted is as a receptionist 4 hrs M-F from 10am-2pm. I really don't like that schedule because it means I'll only ever get 20 hours a week whereas the dentist will give me at least 16 hrs/wk with 24+ on average. I've done the whole 4 hr shift thing and it just feels like a waste of time. That job might be great for someone with kids, but I'm looking for something a bit more. I'd rather have longer shifts with fewer days at work than 4 piddly hrs every single day!

1 comment:

  1. Awww princess kitten! My older sister has a ragdoll, and he's just....well, a doll! We love him to bits! He's one of my furry nephews! :]

    I'm' so happy your shoes fit!! How devastating would it have been if you had taken all that time and money to MAKE them fit and they didn't?! Travesty!!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment on my entries whether you have an account or not! You can just choose the "Name/URL" option from the drop-down menu, type in your name or email address and get to commenting! :)