Thursday, April 1, 2010

Worst Blogger Evarr

I know, I've been absent lately. I don't have a good excuse why, sorry!

I just wanted to pop in and give the heads up that my Partner Visa has been approved. Wooo!!

It never ceases to amaze people that you can't just marry an Australian and automatically become a citizen. Maybe they were confused by tv shows where someone has to marry the token Foreign Friend so they can remain in the country....I guess it does make it seem like all you have to do is marry someone and you're good to go! Not so....lucky for us our case must have been fairly open-and-shut since we didn't have to go through any interviews or anything. We also didn't have to hire an immigration lawyer. YAY! So, I am finally allowed to work and study without restrictions. :) One hiccup is that, while I was researching, I found that I might have to be an Australian resident to do an apprenticeship/traineeship. Some sites have said that you can apply if you have a visa with work allowances though...so I'm just going to have to take to the employers. Otherwise I'll be stuck doing some kind of retail/food-service job (which is easier said than done in this place considering 99% of the shops here--all 10 of them--are family businesses and even the franchises don't employ more than a couple people at a time...)





One of the things I love about my Faith is that I have the security of knowing God is in control at all times. I don't have to worry about what I'm going to do or if something I want to happen doesn't work out because I know I'm never anywhere except exactly where God intends me to be; if that's unemployed at home taking uni. courses online then so be it. I can't help but hope that things work out with me in a job though, I'm getting pretty freakin bored over here! I get nervous sometimes wondering what all these tests in patience are preparing me for! lol

3 comments:

  1. You have a good head on your shoulders; everything will work out just fine! Best luck with the AU job market, if it anything like it is in the States... you'll need some patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the reason so many people are surprised is because in the US you can immediately become a citizen after marrying one? I don't know, it might not actually work that way here either, but that's always been my impression of that aspect of the system. Anyhoo, I'm glad things are getting squared away for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it works the exact same way in the U.S. except it's even HARDER to prove the authenticity of your marriage there. Mom's friend married a Canadian, genuninely, but couldn't convince the government it was a real marriage so they ended up having to move to Canada....so crazy! It's stupid all the walls govt. put up!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can comment on my entries whether you have an account or not! You can just choose the "Name/URL" option from the drop-down menu, type in your name or email address and get to commenting! :)